Alan Turner is a game designer pursuing his Master's degree in Entertainment Technology from Carnegie Mellon University. He’s interesting in exploring how technology like natural language understanding, augmented reality, and virtual reality can enhance the experience of board games, miniature wargames, live action and tabletop role playing games, computer games, Escape Rooms, and megagames. His current work is on 3 dimensional strategy games using mobile AR, as demonstrated by his Space Pirates and Galactic Commander projects.
Click here to download his resume.
Here you can find posts from my Design Blog! Comment to let me know what you think!
- Dec 29, 2017 Board Game Jam Character Design Dec 29, 2017
- Building Virtual Worlds
- Apr 26, 2018 Don’t “Save” Your Ideas Apr 26, 2018
- Apr 12, 2018 Minimum Viable Campaign: A Guide to Setting up Your D&D Campaign in Half an Hour Apr 12, 2018
- Feb 22, 2018 TRPG Combat System Design 101: Variables Feb 22, 2018
- Feb 8, 2018 5 Things Pitbull's Fireball can Teach us About Designing an RTS Feb 8, 2018
- Jan 24, 2018 Dynamic Faction-Specific Asymmetrical Contingent Intersecting Objectives: How to Create Immersive Win Conditions in AR Board Games Jan 24, 2018